Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3rd

And I'm finally caught up!  This will have to be short because I'm running out of time.  Today I was placed in some kind of "catch-up" classroom.  The kids weren't special ed or behavioral problems.  They just need extra help learning stuff.  I'm sure there's an official name for it but I don't know what it is.

I only had three kids most of the day and they were a breeze.  I don't think the teacher knew she was going to be out so there wasn't much for the kids to do.  On top of that she was out the day before and they did a ton of worksheets so I decided to improvise a little.

The kids are with the teacher all day and do all subjects with her so for Language Arts we read a short mystery story and answered some questions.  Then I talked to the kids about what made it a mystery and we all wrote our own mystery stories.  Then for Social Studies they colored in maps of Great Britain and for Science we watched a video about Australia's crazy animals.  They loved the video!  I got to talk to them about my knowledge of Australian wildlife and they were kind of into the biology.  For Math a fourth girl joined us and we did a couple of worksheets and played Bingo using times tables.  It was pretty easy.  I had been warned that the extra girl in Math might act up but she was fine.  I'm not sure if I'm emitting confidence lately but something's on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment