Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Might Be A Good Sub!

I'm beginning to think I have control in the classroom!  Although this only applies to middle school classrooms.  That fact in and of itself is a shock since I used to really hate being in the middle schools.  I've been subbing in K-8 classrooms, plus some high school experience, since November 1st (ish) and I finally feel like I've got the older kids under control.

Yesterday I was in an 8th grade science classroom.  This is usually scary and makes me nervous.  But lately I've been getting so many middle school calls and the days have been going so well that I wasn't too nervous.

Each period the kids were quiet and were legitimately working on the assignment.  I was in shock!  The aide for one of the classes was really impressed, as were the other teachers in the lunch room.  They couldn't believe how quiet the students were for me.  I was amazed too, to be honest, but happy as well.  Apparently my system is working and I have an air of confidence and a don't-mess-with-me attitude that causes my students to behave (and I think have a tiny bit of fun).

Of course, now that I've posted these thoughts I'm sure I'll get the middle school class from hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment