Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 28th

I forgot to post again (Monday) so you'll get a double dose today.

After a week off I was back in middle school.  I've been in the middle school so much lately that I'm starting to recognize kids and they are recognizing me.  I don't know if I'm a good or bad substitute in their eyes, but things seem to be going well.

I was in a 7th grade science classroom subbing for a teacher I had subbed for a long time ago (way back in November I think).  Back then I had just started doing middle school classrooms and this was one of the first days that I was really bored.

I think I just subbed for this particular group of 7th graders but for their math teacher, maybe a week ago.  At any rate, I really didn't have any discipline problems at all.  This particular group is really good.  Every time I've been in for their teachers they've done well.

The nicest thing to know is who is going to misbehave.  If I know that ahead of time I can know where to hover the most, who to be firm with, and who to sit these kids with during group work.  I can mentally prepare myself and I think it gives me the little extra confidence I need to have a smooth day.

Tuesday I was off at my other job for the day so there is nothing to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment