Monday, January 31, 2011

Unhappy Parents

I found out today that a parent called the science and math director to complain about me.  Well, it was sort of about me.  Apparently this person's child went home and told his/her parent's that an unqualified person was teaching them math, that this person's lesson plans were repetitive, and that the real teacher was never coming back.  Let's set the record straight.  I am not necessarily math certified, but I've certainly taken enough math classes in my life to make me qualified enough.  You can't blame the lessons on me since I'm simply the messenger of the actual teacher's plans (got a problem with them, email him!).  I have no idea if/when the real teacher will return and have told the students that he could return tomorrow or in April.  I have still not been told why the teacher is out and have communicated that to the students.

The director had predicted that parents would be unhappy and she was right.

I've been told that a math certified person has been chosen and that this person has to pass an interview with the Assistant Superintendent and will subsequently replace me.  To be honest, math class isn't too bad and I'd stay if people weren't complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment